In 2008 a group of friends wanted to put on a great show, share their talents, and have a lot of fun along the way. The challenge of mounting a theatrical production is a passion shared by everyone at Perth County Players.
So our tag line says it all….‘Community theatre for the love of it’.
The Management Team
• Chris Leberg – Chris holds a Bachelor of Arts (English) from the University of Toronto. She has worked in both professional and amateur theatre in Toronto and Stratford for over 35 years. She was a founding member of Stratford Community Players where she held positions on the Board of Directors as well as being involved in over 25 productions in a variety of responsibilities including producing and directing as well as performing.
• Jennifer Zutt –Jenn holds an Honours Bachelor of Music (Vocal) from the University of Windsor. She is a teacher in Perth County and has been involved in community theatre all her life, growing up in Port Colborne. As well as on stage experience, she has served on the Board of Directors for Stratford Community Players and has been musical director for a variety of productions as well as taking on other production responsibilities such as costumes and props.
• Stewart Robertson – 2010 marked 41 years at the Stratford Festival for Stewart, most of those years spent in the prop shop. He held various positions on the Board of Stratford Community Players including President as well as performing in almost two dozen productions. He has designed several productions for SCP as well as for the Community Players of New Hamburg. Stewart has also directed one production for SCP and 2 highly successful dinner theatres for Knox Church.
• Aaron Kropf – Aaron was the social media contact for the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. He attended Northwestern Secondary School where his interest in backstage work gave opportunity to be involved in many productions as well as on stage and backstage work with SCP. He carried his interest and participation into shows while attending Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) where he started a drama program, directing CMU’s first production. After CMU he moved to Winkler where he was integral in forming a new local community theatre group (Flatlands Theatre). His experience boasts a resume of both backstage and on stage work.
• Greg Morris – Greg grew up in Stratford and has been involved in the entertainment industry for 35 years. He spent 20 years in Toronto working as a sound technician traveling the world with entertainers and corporations. Greg returned to Stratford in 2001 and is currently a member of the theatre union IATSE working at the Stratford Festival and Centre in the Square in Kitchener.
• Michelle Cutts – Michelle holds a Bachelor’s Degree from University of Toronto in Theatre and English Literature. She then went across the pond to London U.K where she worked professionally in theatre and acquired a Masters in Theatre Directing from the Central School of Speech and Drama. Michelle comes to Perth County Players with over ten years of experience directing and choreographing children for the Canadian Children’s Theatre Co. as well as teaching at Unionville H.S. musical theatre program. Michelle is thrilled to be living in Stratford and to be a part of Perth County Players.